Saturday, May 17, 2025

Ok I know why.

 Yeah ok, the blunder with the 3d printer was my own. The past few days has just been ones of just lack of concentration and just feels like it buzzes by without much thought. In the end I messed up by not connecting the fan back to where it belongs.

Cable on the left was supposed to be at the middle instead. F.

In the end that blunder has caused me bigger as while I was finessing with it, I guess I did something bad and I ended up damaging the sub board. Now whenever I power the printer up, the MOSFET above the connector I mistakenly connected it to is showing signs of a short as it heats up immensely quickly and at VERY high temperatures.

Instantly made my hand reel away the moment the printer powered up.

So yeah, dead printer.

The good news is that I've gotten in contact with the SOVOL tech support team and they've been nice and frankly extremely helpful. They're sending me a new sub board and cable free of charge so that's really good news for me. I mean it doesn't cost me very much to get the new board even if I had to buy it myself.

I mean yeah. This time I got lucky. Very lucky. I didn't expect SOVOL to offer me the parts for free.

Just gotta be much ore careful from now onwards I guess. I've already scratched up my new flat PEI bed due to a mistakenly uncommented Z -5 movement. 

Pain.

It's not too central to the print bed at least. Yeah. I mean... lucky and unlucky. Just gotta wait for the new extruder board in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment